JUST A BLOG

Touching lives with the truth of God's Word.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Birmingham, Alabama, United States

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

God prepares the way.

It is written in Isaiah the prophet: "I will send my messenger ahead of you, who will prepare your way- a voice of one calling in the desert, prepare the way for the Lord, make straight paths for Him." (Mark 1:2-3)
As the passage above teaches, preparation is important to God. May I say God has nothing for the church or for individual Christians for which He has not made adequate preparation. You can raise all kinds of questions, like how will I face death when it comes? What if I lose my job? What if I get sick? What if my children turn away from me? What if I don't have enough money to pay the bills? What if my wife or husband leaves me? What if a family member gets sick with a terminal illness? And it can go on and on, you get the picture.
Child of God, while I don't know if you will be faced with any of these struggles, I do know one thing, that if you are, you will have been adequately prepared by the God of the universe. When and if it happens, you will find that God is there and that you have been adequately prepared.
You didn't become a Christian out of the clear blue. Pascal's comment, "I would not have searched for Thee unless Thou had already found me," is true. You are the child of the King, so relax, knowing that He will prepare you for anything you have to face. You need not worry, just stay close to the One who does the preparing. You think about that.