JUST A BLOG

Touching lives with the truth of God's Word.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Birmingham, Alabama, United States

Sunday, March 13, 2005

Magnifying Yourself?

Mavet is the Hebrew word for death. Dying to self leads to life and joy. Many believers are not happy with themselves at all. They struggle with low self-esteem, with their faults, their weaknesses, their hypocrisies and all the sin in their life, past and present. That’s magnifying yourself. It’s pride. God’s word says we are to repent of our sins, confess our sins and move on by dying to self.

A lot of self-help books will tell you, you have to learn to live with yourself. The Bible tells you something else. The Bible says crucify yourself. Get the focus off of you and on Christ. If you hate yourself, you are still focusing on yourself. But if yourself is crucified, there is no self to hate anymore; there is no self to condemn, no self to criticize, no self to deal with. The old self is Mavet- dead. Accept it. Try something new; forget about magnifying yourself; instead magnify the Lord and worship Him. Then you will really know how precious your life is and the joy of dying to self.

APPLICATION: Go to a brother or sister in need today, and do something in God’s love to help their situation.

I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life, which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. GALATIANS 2:20

THE BEREAN NOTEPAD
Committed to teaching the truth of God's Word.