JUST A BLOG

Touching lives with the truth of God's Word.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Birmingham, Alabama, United States

Sunday, March 06, 2005

Is God a Puppet or Master

A puppet is controlled by others, a master controls others. A puppet acts according to its strings that are pulled. A master pulls the strings. Without realizing it, many people liken God to a puppet. For example, they say God wants to save sinners, (and He does), but the sinner must let Him. In other words, that God as a puppet acts according to the strings that the sinner pulls. I am convinced and convicted that God is Master and not a puppet. [And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing; and He doeth according to His will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth; and none can stay His hand, or say unto Him, What doest thou?] (Dan. 4:35) Beloved, If God wants to do something and cannot do it; then He is not doing according to His will, but according to the will of others, or those that pull the strings. [For the Son of man is come to seek and save that which was lost.] (Luke 19:10) It was our Savior’s will to seek and to save His lost sheep, [My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me, and I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.] (John 10:27-28) Jesus spoke without doubt or reservation. He knew His sheep would be saved because He would save them. May I say, I for one am thankful that the Lord is not a puppet, but that He can save a lost, dead, alienated sinner without his consent. Listen to what Jesus said in John 15:16 [Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you…] Ask the Apostle Paul if God is a puppet or master.

THE BEREAN NOTEPAD
Committed to teaching the truth of God's Word.