JUST A BLOG

Touching lives with the truth of God's Word.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Birmingham, Alabama, United States

Thursday, February 10, 2005

MOVING TOWARD GOD'S GOAL

Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus (Philippians 3:13-14).

Dedication and determination are two principles that are involved in reaching spiritual goals. The Believer must be devoted to Christ and Him alone. Be no longer influenced or affected by the past. Be single minded in focus. Overcome stumbling blocks that stand in the way through the power of the Holy Spirit. And by faith continue to press on toward the heavenward goal, that God has called each of us to in Christ Jesus. God has promised to shape, mould and conform us into Christ likeness. He has said in His word that when He starts a good work He will bring it to completion. [Can you say thank you Lord Jesus for your amazing grace].

THE BEREAN NOTEPAD
Biblical insights into theological and practical issues.