JUST A BLOG

Touching lives with the truth of God's Word.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Birmingham, Alabama, United States

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

The Gospel of Freedom

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing! (Galatians 2:20-21)
Jesus does more than simply save people from the penalty of past, present, and future sins; He frees men and women from sin's power every day. When Christ died on the cross, God saw each believer crucified with Him so that sin's power was broken. May I say the focus of the Christian faith is not dying, but living. Note! Because we have been crucified with Christ, we have also been raised with Him (Romans 6:5). This means we can say no to those things that enslave others. Most unbelievers are trying to live smarter, find a purpose, and be happy. On the other hand, believers have the secret of life from Jesus Himself: "Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me...and you will find rest for your souls" (Matthew 11:29). Child of God, this is too big a secret to keep quite. Open your Bible and pray that God would reveal a truth you can share with someone today. The Gospel message we are called to declare frees the enslaved and teaches victorious living. Let us be faithful to our call. Amen.