JUST A BLOG

Touching lives with the truth of God's Word.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Birmingham, Alabama, United States

Saturday, December 04, 2004

YE CAN DO NOTHING...I CAN DO ALL THINGS

What a contrast we have in the above two statements that are taken from scripture. How can this be explained? "I am the vine, ye are the branches; He that abideth in Me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit; for without Me ye can do nothing". (John 15:5) Here the Lord teaches us that He (the true vine) is not dependent on us (the branches) but we are absolutely dependent on Him. For in Him we live, and move, and have our being...(Acts 17:28) Without the Lord we are dead in our sins, we have no movement, no soundness of mind, hence (ye can do nothing). What about the above latter statement? I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. (Phil. 4:13) May I say if we abide in the vine there is nothing that is in God's will that we cannot do. Without Him we can bear no acceptable fruit, but with Him we can bear much fruit. Notice what the Bible says in Jeremiah 1: 6-7. Then said I "Ah, Lord God! behold, I cannot speak; for I am a child". But the Lord said unto me, "Say not, I am a child; for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak".

THE BEREAN NOTEPAD
Making a difference...Impacting the world