JUST A BLOG

Touching lives with the truth of God's Word.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Birmingham, Alabama, United States

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

The Promise Key

In John Bunyan’s ‘Pilgrim’s Progress’, Christian leaves the main highway and follows a path which seemed easier. The path leads him to be captured by a giant named Despair and locked in his dungeon at Doubting Castle. Christian was overcome by Despair until his companion, Hope reminded him of his previous victories. Christian cried out, “What a fool am I to be in a dungeon when I might as well be at Liberty. I have a key in my bosom called Promise that will, I am persuaded, open any lock in Doubting Castle.” Christian took the key from his bosom and the prison gates flew open.

Even the greatest of God’s people sometimes fall into despair. When you feel like giving up, remember all the blessings and the victories God has given you. For every dark situation God has given you a way out. Hold on to hope. Use the key of God’s promise and every door will burst open!